OH MY GOD secondhand embarrassment…
This is the best story ever, I swear.
fangirl. writer. flailer. // posts may include rory kinnear, ben whishaw, suits, richard II, 00Q, merlin, hp, doctor who, and other things. ^-^
"I had insisted on half women on board [the Enterprise]. The network came to me and said, ‘You can’t have half women. Our people say it will make it look like a ship with all sorts of mad sexual things going on – half men and half women.’ So we argued about it like a poker game and they finally said, ‘Okay. We’ll settle for one-third women.’ I figured one-third women could take care of the males anyway."
Gene Roddenberry, from personal conversations with Gene in 1990, at La Costa, CA
We love classic Trek because its creator promoted equality.
Here’s the official list of events for this weekend! As you can see, we have loads of quality hosts and some really awesome hours planned! We hope to see you there!
Even though it just says “Merlin” next to my 2h slot I will not only be reading one Merlin/Arthur story by derryere and excerpts of one old-school fairytale-like Gwen/Morgana fic by kathkin (LJ) but also two (2!) Richard II fics by the lovely shredsandpatches.
Mark the date! :D
Times on the schedule are “New York time”.
"Both heterosexuals and homosexuals view bisexuality with misunderstanding, mistrust, hostility, and alienation. These scenarios do not leave bisexuals in the situation often referred to as ‘‘having the best of both worlds,’’ because ‘both worlds are closets’."
from Attitudes and Self-Images of Male and Female Bisexuals by Carol D. Bronn
“both worlds are closets”
Ouch. That one hit home.
Check out the amazing offerings we have to raise money for the International HIV/AIDS Alliance!
To bid on an offer, simply click on the current bid and comment. You may bid as many times as you like until the auction closes. Examples of works are linked. Please check the original auction comments for more details.
- disco_mouse Etsy store art prints (Current bid @ $5)
- luluxa Digital painting commission (Current bid @ $10)
- phoenixacid Pencil portrait commission (Current bid @ $15)
- pinkvegpixie 8x10/11x14 Pencil portrait commission (Current bid @ $15)
- obsidianserpent 7 RL Merlin fandom canvas paintings (Current bids @ $15,$25, $30, $30, $35, £50, £100)
- dr_banner 1k+ fic or series of drabbles (Current bid @ $2)
- hanna377148 3-7k fic or series of drabbles (Current bid @ $2)
- scienceofsnark 2k+ H.P. Lovecraft style AU fic (Current bid @ $3)
- scraplove >500 word fic (Current bid @ $5)
- feygan 2-50k fic (Current bid @ $5)
- siltoile 0.5-5k fic (Current bid @ $5)
- trista_zevkia $5 per 1k words (Current bid @ $5)
- tigersilver Fic (Current bid @ $15)
- treacle_tartlet 5k fic (Current bid @ $30)
- 1lostoneficspot Long fic (Current bid @ $30)
- arineat Box of Ireland (Current bid @ $10)
- thebig24 DFTBA records (Current bid @ $3) The Whomping Willow: Wizard Party Forever records (Current bid @ $3)
If you are named winning bidder in the comment thread, you will then have 48 hours to make your donation and officially claim your prize.
The auction will officially close on Sunday, the 26th at 12pm (EDT).
You can also auction your works or services here.
flying penis monster
Decretum Gratiani with the commentary of Bartolomeo da Brescia, Italy 1340-1345.
Lyon, BM, Ms 5128, fol. 100r
EVERYBODY SING IT WITH ME NOW:
high as ballllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllls
Oh, Middle Ages. You make me so happy.
It’s okay to say “no” if you change your mind. We allow you to change majors and change direction and change clothes, with no repercussions other than possibly wasted time. If his touch is too forceful and his breath too hot and his weight too much, you are not bound to your previous decision. If your mimd is screaming and your nerves are sizzling, they are as valid then and now as they were five minutes ago, when you were saying yes.
It’s okay to say “no” if you were flirting. Batted eyelashes and sly smirks and witty words do not form a map to your uncharted territory. Your playfulness does not relieve them of their self control. Your allure does not diminish their responsibility to be respectful. The only path you led them on is that of the unknown, of which the rules of the road still apply.
It’s okay to say “no” if you’re unsure.
It’s okay to say “no” if you’re embarrassed.
It’s okay to say “no” when they tell you it isn’t okay to say “no.”"
These are… actually pretty inspiring.
“you are never taller than when you stand up for yourself”
thats just awesome
“You’re the result of 4 billion years of evolutionary success; F***ING ACT LIKE IT.”
My fave right there.
“You are never taller than when you stand up for yourself” My all time favorite.
“A solid foundation” That is a good way to think of it.
My all time favorite meme! I have a lot saved on my computer for when I need motivation, it works everytime.